All You Need To Know About Nokia 7 Plus
Nokia, one of the most trusted brands of mobile phones has come up with their latest innovation, which is known as the Nokia 7 Plus. It was launched in February 2018 and will reach the Indian markets in May/June 2018. Nokia is a brand which had started its journey way before the other leading brands prevalent in the country today. The longevity, performance, etc., of the Nokia phones, have always amazed its users across the globe.
The price of this smartphone is expected to be around $308. Though it is being widely praised by the online marketers even before its release, the performance of the brand cannot be completely predicted.
Specifications of Nokia 7 Plus:
- The operating system used in this device is Android Oreo with Qualcomm SDM 660 Snapdragon 660 as the chipset.
- One of the most attractive features of the device is its 6 inch IPS LCD screen with HD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels.
- It provides 16 MP front camera and 12 MP rear camera.
- The device comes with a memory of 4 GB RAM
- The inbuilt storage capacity of Nokia 7 Plus is up to 64 GB which is expandable up to 256 GB via SD card
- The battery capacity of the device is 3800 mAh2 and is non-removable.
- The Nokia 7 Plus is available in Black/Copper and White/Copper colors.
Like any other gadget available in the market, Nokia 7 Plus also has its share of pros and cons. Let us have a look at the widely talked about merits and demerits of the smartphone.
Pros of Nokia 7 Plus
- In order to protect the display from all kinds of scratches and cracks, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 is provided in this device.
- It supports dual SIM cards.
- The device has a high-quality camera with Carl Zeiss camera lens. It also helps to capture high-quality videos.
- Type-C USB slot is provided at the bottom of the device and the audio jack is provided at the top for the convenience of the users.
- It has a sleek and thin metallic body made up of 6000 series aluminum frame sandwiched between the front and the rear panel of the Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- It has a fairly good battery backup with the standby up to 723 hrs, talk time up to 19hrs, and music play up to 126hrs.
- The Nokia 7plus has Quick Charge Version 4 which helps to charge the device faster than its predecessor.
- Snapdragon 660 processor enables the user to perform multiple tasks at the same time.
- Fingerprint scanning is also supported in this device.
Cons of Nokia 7 Plus
- It has hybrid SIM slot, i.e., you can either insert two SIM cards or one SIM card and an SD card.
- It does not support JAVA.
- The device does not have a waterproof and dust resistant body.
- Like all the current generation mobile phones, Nokia 7 Plus also has the demerit of having a non-removable battery.
- It is difficult for the users to access the fingerprint scanner mounted at the rear of the device every time.
- It does not have a temperature sensor.
- Its camera does not have LED light flash.
Irrespective of the demerits, this smartphone still stands out in the market for its enhanced performance, battery backup, and a high-quality camera. But still, there are a number of features which have to be enhanced further so as to make it the best among the other brands. The various other attractive features of this mobile include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, OTG, E-Compass, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, FM radio and so on.
The major drawback in the Nokia’s latest innovation is that it is not waterproof. There are a number of other smartphones currently on the market, which are waterproof. The customers nowadays prefer to have mobile phones with this feature which might prove to be disadvantageous for Nokia 7 Plus.
Even though the Nokia 7 Plus is more advanced compared to Nokia 7, the pros and cons show that they are not different than any other smartphone available in the market. If this smartphone will be better than the other phones or not is still difficult to predict. Nevertheless, the customers all over the world are eagerly waiting to welcome the new member in the family of Nokia.