If you have ever wanted a tablet which not only packs some of the best features in the market, but even comes from a reliable company, then Dell has a solution for you. Dell has recently launched its new Venue 8 tablet for the public. The 8 inch tablet seems to be power packed, but the name “Dell” is sure enough to explain the quality on its own. If you wanted a tablet in this screen size, should you go for Dell Venue 8? Can this new tablet compete against the premium gadgets already ruling the market? Continue reading the post to find out the answers to these tricky questions.
Also read: Dell Venue 7 pros and cons
Dell Venue 8 Specs
- Size: 8.3 X 5.1 X 0.35 inches
- Display: 8 inches
- Weight: 10.3 ounces
- Operating System: Android 4.2.2
- Processor: Intel dual core Atom Z2580 Clover trail plus 2.0 GHz processor
- Internal Memory: 16, 32 GB variants
- Memory Extension Support: Via micro SD card
- Main Camera: 5 MP rear
- Secondary Camera: 2 MP front
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS: Yes
- Other Connectivity options: Integrated HSPA + Modem
Dell Venue 8 pros and cons
By knowing pros and cons of a device, you can quickly get the idea of good and bad points of that device and thus can make your decision of buying it or not easily. Check out the pros and cons of Dell Venue 8 below:
Pros of Dell Venue 8
- Processing Power: The tablet features a dual core Intel Atom processor clocked at 2 GHz. This will ensure that the device packs enough power to meet gaming as well as processing demands of any user. 2 GB of RAM simply allows for a better multitasking.
- Pricing: The tablet is expected to be available at a throw away price $189 (16 GB Model). Considering the price range, the features offered are really high end.
- Design: Dell has tried its best to keep the design as simple as sturdy as possible. The sleek tablet is sure to steal your heart if you prefer sober designs.
- Reliability: When it comes to “Dell”, you can at least be sure that no compromise has been made by the company in terms of reliability of the device. Most of the Dell gadgets are made up for rough and tough use.
Cons of Dell Venue 8
- Outdated Android: Companies like Samsung has started shipping their flagship tablet devices like Note 10.1 with Android 4.3 out of the box. The world waits for the upcoming Nexus devices which would be powered by latest Android 4.4. With this scenario, it’s a bit disappointing on the part of Dell to offer Android 4.2.2.
- IPS Display: IPS display offers pretty natural looking colors, but when it comes on one to one with other technologies like Super AMOLED, or LCD 3, this has its own drawbacks like lack of contrast, unsaturated colors, etc. The display resolution also might not be enough for an 8 inch tablet if you have used some other high end devices like Samsung Galaxy S4, Apple iPad 2, etc.
Availability in the market
The tablet would be available for $189 (16 GB model) in the market starting from October 18th. It is advisable here to wait till the launch of the coming Nexus, if you want a fair deal.
dell venue 8 review ,dell venue 8 reviews